Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It’s Week 7 Already?

This summer semester is going by so quickly. It feels like I just started, and here it is already week seven. I’m doing well in all of my courses except Math, which is typical for this scholar. I do my best, though, and am receiving a passing grade as a result . . . though, it’s not quite the grade point average I would like to see. I’m thankful I’m nearly finished all the required Math courses I have to get through in order to earn my degree!!

There’s a lot going on around here again today. We’re headed up to Barnes & Noble in Augusta because the kids have earned their free book through their summer reading program. Here’s the website for those of you who haven’t had a chance to check it out yet: 2009 Barnes & Noble Summer Reading with Percy Jackson & the Olympians. This is our second year participating in this program and the kids really love earning a free book as in incentive. Ironically, that was this week’s prize for reading at the library we visit, too. So, they’re able to receive two free books this week!

It looks like I’ll be burning the midnight oil tonight putting the finishing touches on the deadline that’s due for my book tomorrow. I had a hard time sleeping last night for some odd reason, so maybe I should be putting the time to better use than just staring at the ceiling. I have all the research necessary to complete the project, so it should just roll from here. I’m nearly finished those interview questions I’ve been talking about over the past couple of weeks, so stay tuned!

Do you participate in summer reading programs with your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment