Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

My hopes for sleeping in after a late night study session and mid-term exam work were dashed quickly this morning by the ringing of the phone. I’m not going to complain (too much), though, because I did manage to get in 8 hours of GOOD sleep. Which, in comparison to what I went through last week, is great.

I’m happy about finishing my mid-term for Ethics class, and am equally as happy about the fact it was open book. It was 100 questions long and, even though I had all the material in front of me, this test was very challenging. I found all the answers except one and, given the constant effort to be “complete” in everything else I do in my classes, not finding this answer is driving me nuts. I’m sure it has to do with the OCD tendencies I carry, but that’s a different story.

Work on my book ensues throughout the rest of the day, as well as the better part of tomorrow. I have materials due to my publisher next week, so I’m doing my best to keep myself on track in the midst of everything else going on around here . . . including the fact that my “muse” keeps egging me on to work on that fairy book I mentioned a LONG time ago and have been gathering research materials for ever since . . . I have to be practical, though, and complete what is pressing, deadline driven, and right in front of me! Right? RIGHT. (right??)

All the homeschooling lessons we’re doing here next week have already been set up, so I’m ahead of the game there. We have plans to hit the library Monday, and then if the weather cooperates, plans to hit the playground and bird sanctuary are also in the mix. (Side note: the sun is shining today!! I can see the sun!!!!) We are also going to start our nature journals and shadow boxes this week.

My three youngest are taking part in two summer reading programs, so they’ve been very active with books the past three weeks. My boys have started writing a comic, and a short story (stapled into a 40 page illustrated book) on their own. My stepdaughter is working on a collaged book (consisting of cut-out dresses and paper dolls) that will later have text depicting what each of her characters are doing. (I love it when they reach beyond what I have planned scholastically to reach their own enrichment desires.).

What is your “muse” egging you on to do that you can’t get to right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment