Friday, July 3, 2009

Crazy, Loud Weather!

Last night, around 9:30pm, we experienced a very loud and very bright storm. It rained so hard we thought it was going to come right through the roof! It made for a perfect backdrop to watching scary movies, though, so off the lights went as we popped them into the DVD player. (that, and the fact that the storm knocked out our satellite signal) The heavy rains lasted about two hours, and then it tapered off into a quiet drizzle. The storm was directly over us during most of that period of time, making it seem like Mother Nature was giving us an early fireworks show.

We’ve heard rumors that the sun will come out today and I’ve heard from friends that it’s shining in the Portland area. We’ll remain optimistic unless MORE rain falls (24 out of the past 26 days . . . too much rain). We’re right along the pipeline and its alarms were sounding last night after the storm moved out, so it must’ve gotten struck . . . which makes me nervous, of course . . .

There’s a lot on my plate today, mostly in the way of playing catch-up. I’ve been having difficulty finding the right balance between caring for my children while working and taking college courses. So, things have been slipping through the cracks while they’re home. They’re all off with their other parents until the beginning of next week, so I’ll have ample time to get my ducks in a row and try to find some semblance of order. Millions of women the world over work in this capacity every single day, so there’s no reason why I can’t (without pulling my hair out and wishing for some help). ::smiles:: I’m being dramatic.

What do you do when you have a difficult time finding the right balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment