Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hunting For High School Curriculum

Why is it that it’s EXTREMELY simple to find homeschool curriculum, lesson plans, and unit studies for lower grades . . . but if you’re looking for these materials for students beyond grade 8, it becomes increasingly more difficult? It’s a frustrating part of the process! I feel like I’m on a treasure hunt for decent curriculum!!

I’m not one to give up, so I’ve been searching for the better part of the afternoon. Originally, I was only going to search during my lunch hour . . . but now it’s become a personal vendetta. I shall not be defeated (exclaims Queen Mommy)!! Here are some resources I’ve been able to round up, though I’m still looking for something a bit more solid:

I found an assortment of ‘net based high schools, as well, that offer a wonderful selection of courses. However, their tuitions are quite high in comparison to finding books and other materials to purchase. While it would be a lot less work for me during the school year, that really isn’t the point. The point is getting the best education for our nephew (that we can afford), not how much work and effort it’s going to be on my part.

I have to say, though, that the courses I’m taking this summer and the classes he’s taking to catch up to the rest of his classmates have created a very positive educational learning environment in our household. In previous years, our kids have had a good attitude toward their summer learning programs. Now, it seems they’re EVER MORE interested because nearly everyone under our roof is taking part in the learning process in order to meet their own goals and objectives. The three little ones can’t wait to see what I have planned for them to work on from day to day, and that’s great in my book!

1 comment:

  1. Bravo!
    Encore!!
    Dont let them public screw-allz
    teach your indelible younginz
    to think N act like robots.
    Glory2God!!!
    ♡ en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ♡
    Love you.
    Cya soon.
    be@peace.
    GBY

    ReplyDelete