Wednesday, July 8, 2009

789

Today is 7/8/9, which is also the ages of my children – 7, 8, and 9. I love it when things like that happen. So, on the 789th minute of this day, which will be 1:15pm, I’ll be on the lookout for something interesting to happen. It’s a rainy day, so it appears I’ll have to create my own “interesting happening” here. That’s okay, though, because the kids will still think it’s neat and that’s all that matters.

Speaking of rain, my fiancé and I are planning to get married on July 18th and we’re hoping to throw an outdoor barbeque as part of the festivities. If it rains, we can still grill out, but the kids won’t be able to run around like wild animals without bumping into walls or people. If you haven’t guessed, between now and then we’ll be praying (doing no rain dances, etc.) for no rain that day. Considering all the rain that has been continuously falling, that may be a far-fetched wish.

My desk is piled high with deadlines, so I’m actually glad we’re stuck in the house today. The kids and I have been all over the place since Monday, and I really need to get my butt in chair and write. It’s difficult when I have three little ones coming up with such great ideas to spend our time together, though. I’m easily distracted when it comes to that, particularly since we carried such a busy schedule throughout the school year.

Are you easily distracted from your deadlines?

No comments:

Post a Comment